Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue. It was the latter for inbred MOR rockists Kings of Leon recently, canning a gig three songs in due to on-site pigeons crapping from the rafters into the gob of lead warbler Jared Followill. Everyone's a critic. Personally that summates my opinion of everything KOL have done since Youth And Young Manhood, but I'm aware this is a minority view.
Here's an idea though. You're a rock band. Armed with electrified instruments, some modicum of talent and the odd couple millions watts of PA. If pigeons in the lighting gantries start crapping on you, why not just TURN THE FUCK UP. Tip the stack on its arse, aim it at the flying vermin and shred their tiny brains with excess volume. It's no surprise the first and only reportage of this having happened is to the milquetoast likes of the Kings of Leon, and not, f'rinstance, Airbourne. Or Shihad. Or, for argument's sake, Flange Gasket. There'd have been decibel-barbequed birds plummetting from the rafters quicker than you can say 'Eleven: it's one louder.'
Actually Airbourne would have just sent Joel O'Keeffe up there to fuck them up in person.
Rock and roll ain't noise pollution. Rock and roll, it appears, is just rock and roll.
The Doctor is OUT.
4 comments:
You're a mad ranter, Doc. But I guess that's why we luv ya.
I don't really get Kings of Leon. I would say I'm too hipster to like them, but I didn't really know who they were before they got massive. And I'm about as far off being a hipster as you can get. :)
Pfft, that's not rock. Fucker climbed down instead of dived.
yeah..reckon he shoulda been looking at dive and surf the fkn crowd.
Yeah I'm being one of those insufferable 'I liked em before they were cool' twats - but they were better before they went mainstream. They had to follow Jet at BDO Sydney 04 when Jet were at their biggest and shiniest, and actually went OK.
Re climbing lighting gantries - Dion Palmer from the D4 (short lived but explosively awsm Kiwi garage punkists) did this in the big top at Livid one year, soloed while hanging off the very top. Not seeing any of them Followill yeehaas getting up to that sort of jokery.
Post a Comment