Folks. Given my dubious history with facial hair you'd think I'd be the least appropriate signup for a front-running premiership-chasing Movember franchise, but the Magnum PI All Stars (captained by fine citizen Naut) appear to think otherwise. And they've already got Major Havock's dubious ginger mo in the train-on squad so what's another dose of dodgy ranga facial fuzz between mates. Of course these Movember bastards seem to want an Actual Identity for registration porpoises so be warned, an Amazingly Inventive Pseudonym *cough* may have been employed on the part of Your Correspondent.
Further details, preamble and reminiscence (ruminescence?) at magnumallstars.blogspot.com. It's for a good cause, so remember to get on our Movember MoSpace page and throw money at us, even if it's in an attempt to make us stop.
That is all. Return to your shanties.
The Doctor is OUT.
5 comments:
I've said it before and ... actually I've never said it but LOVE YOUR WORK DOC!!!
I tried Movember once, but found it too restrictive. I now participate in No Shave November. Which, in reality, is no different to any other month - it just gives me an excuse to talk about my facial hair with more legitimacy.
Naut - thanks skipper
ALD - there was an attempt to popularize something called 'Choptober' over here (ie growing big fuck-off muttonchops, which I simply can not do) as a result of the various groups responsible for Movember splintering like the Peoples Liberation Front of Judea in the Life of Brian at the end of last year, big bust up btw the Aust Movember rights holders and the NZ organisers re where the money was going to, etc.
Read an article years ago saying that the Germans (who then dominated the world beard and moustache competitions) were successful moustache growers due to their preference for unfiltered beer which contains lots of yeast (hefeweizens in particular) and hence a high content of Vitamin B. Vitamin B is supposed to aid moustache and beard growing. So drink plenty of Cooper's and Hefes!
Also great to put your face with the words!
Nat - not a bad idea, the local supermarket has Coopers Sparkling and Pale these days, much to its credit. I doubt the veracity of your final claim though. Is it? Is it REALLY??
Post a Comment