Friday, May 31, 2013
It's our World Of Bollocks 400th Post Celebratory Extravaganza Utter Cop-Out!
Gruntings. Because selective OCD about large numbers ending in zeroes, Your Correspondent has been deliberating for the past week over what story to tell for our 400th World of Bollocks post. In the end I gave up and told someone else's. This is a Storify account (a clever interwonk invention which collates social media discussions into coherent stories) of a tale I probably shouldn't be telling, on Twitter or on here; but I am, and I have. Dedicated to all my fellow and fallen PhD students, past and present. Enjoy.
The Doctor (and yes, they did give me one in the end) is OUT.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
If you ever get the chance, ask the current Federal Education Minister about his living arrangements at ANU.
He may have "squatted" in a room at a certain college on campus. The room which is now named after him (for his musical career as this was well before politics).
@UQ really? I have friends who may know this (alleged) person... I'm there myself at the moment.
There's always a kid in your grad class who forgoes washing of the hair/body/clothes etc until the dissertation/thesis is submitted. There's usually one who spends a couple nights in the writing room too. I'd say this phenomenon is common enough that anyone who did grad school knows someone of the like. Legends, all.
Post a Comment