Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Fricken pod people man

I don't write as much as I want to these days. Twitter's fault, of course. The instant punchline gratification, combined with the endless links to other people's writing which is usually much better than my handcrafted-from-stale-dogturds stylings, kinda takes the air out of my blogging balloon. I should write more. I'm generally happier when I write more, or at least when I'm working on some sort of overarching creative project (eg ITWPT). But lack of time and inspiration conspire, not to mention the fact all this fucken sport and beer ain't gonna consume itself.

Not to mention all the podcasts I listen to. It's hard to write when you're listening to podcasts. So many podcasts. All the Grantland sports stuff, at least until ESPN suspended the proprietor for pointing out correctly that Roger Goodell is a fucking arsetrumpet. (Back tomorrow, supposedly). Men in Blazers. Wil Anderson and his three pods a week, not to mention all the other comedy pods I've picked up from guests on his show - Walking the Room (RIP), the Dollop, Probably Science, Can You Take This Photo Please, Sklarbro Country, half the acts from the LA Podfest. Google that shit and save me a bunch of linking. It's all good.

And of course long time internet buddy and argumentalist @beeso, late of Mother Foccacia, with his foodie podcast Cheeeeeeeeeesy (plus or minus a few e's). Which, as we finally get around to the point of this discussion, I guested on a couple of times while in Oz a few weeks ago.

We met up in the outdoor bar of the Fox (near where I was staying in South Brisbane) for a few pale ales and some food and drink chat:
Then we went a bit rogue and argued about sport over a bottle of Central Otago pinot. As you do

It was both fun and educational and we figure out a way to do it over Skype, or maybe just if we happen to be in the same country again with a microphone handy, we'll do more.

Consider yourselves warned.

By the way, what I said for Karmichael Hunt and AFL (gone in 60 months) goes fucking double for Jarryd Hayne and NFL. Or half. Whatever. He's got no fucking show.

The Doctor is OUT.

3 comments:

beeso said...

going to get no argument from me on Hayne

Dr Yobbo said...

Where's the fun in that then

Therbs said...

Hayne train wane. Further proof that playing for Parra fucks up a bloke's judgement or is he just as much of a tool as Willie Mason?
The cheesey/sporty drunkycasts were fun.