Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Threads of history

Previously in other media commitments I made the observation that the history of mankind - of specific kinds of men anyway - can be told by one's T-shirt collection. If you are a man, and you have a lot of T-shirts, every T-shirt you own has a backstory and a provenance, which captures something of your past, or something of your essence. Those shirts, the ones cluttering the wardrobe, the ones on the floor next to the wardrobe, even the ones stuffed into the old suitcase on top of the wardrobe which your significant other constantly threatens to hurl into a St Vinnies bin - they don't just tell your story, those shirts very likely ARE your story.

Mine is in here. Somewhere.











































Oh, and one more.


The Doctor is OUT.

5 comments:

Stephen said...

Nice little poignant twist at the end. Some great shirts there (barring of course the Souths ones). I have an awesome collection of Hawaiian shirts.

Anonymous said...

Nice post mate.
Was the Stoner one really signed or was that part of the shirt ?
drej

LERMONTOV said...

You own way more t-shirts than me!!!!!!

Dr Yobbo said...

I only have one Hawaiian shirt, but it's epically shit. Bought for a trip to the cricket, as you do. Best $6 worth of rayon that money can buy. AT LOWES

The Stoner signature was a print, shirt commemorated his '07 world title.

Lerm, I own more T-shirts than God.

Bangar said...

Nice collection.