Friday, March 26, 2010

Pictorial tribute

My SCIENTS career ended on Wednesday, in a murky haze of pints, korma and loud sweary discussion. Went rather well, so much so in fact that I'm doing it all again tonight. Wahey! This week's fortnightly Friday drinks, as advertised in the department:


I was under the impression they actually WANTED people to come to these things, but anyhoo.


Particularly happy with that one. There may be others too. I've only been gone a day, and already there's memorial pictures of me plastered on every doorway. By this time next week they'll have put up a statue like King Wally at Suncorp.

The Doctor is OUT.

6 comments:

The Wife said...

Farewell fellow scientist. May your pay cheque rise, your work hours fall and may you finally get some satisfaction!

Natalia the Russian Spy said...

I hope you opted for a nicely etched yard glass for your farewell pressie :D

Madam Morgana said...

You can't be sure of that, Moko. The true effects may not become apparent for several generations.

Dr Yobbo said...

Wifey - I can't get no satisfaction. And I try. And I try.

Nat - ended up with pens, FFS. Like the last wedding I was best man for. Ended equally as pear shaped.

Moko - how did you know? That was exactly the wording of my boss' farewell speech!

Morgana - we'll cover up the evidence somehow. Blame the Large Hadron Collider or Kyle Sandilands or something.

Anonymous said...

Nice work mate. Welcome to the dark side.

Abe

Quokka said...

Damn, and I was hoping the Pigella would be cloned and ready by Easter. I hope you've got the prototype transferred safely to the back shed, and you know better than to keep it within cooee of any Havock flavoured beer.

Happy birthday, BTW.